East Tremont in the Bronx is home to a diverse range of excellent restaurants. From pizza to Venezuelan, there are many culinary delights to explore in this inviting New York neighborhood. Keep reading for an overview of the top restaurants in East Tremont that foodies won’t want to miss!
El Paisano Pizza & Pasta
Location: 3444 E Tremont Ave, Bronx, NY 10465
Phone: +1 718-823-6318
El Paisano is a casual pizzeria that has been serving the East Tremont community for over 15 years. This relaxed spot is known for having the best pizza in the neighborhood, with generous slices and full pies available for dine-in or takeout. In addition to pizza, El Paisano offers a range of Italian-American favorites like pastas, salads, soups, calzones, hoagies, and more. They’re especially known for their delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies and zeppolis for dessert.
- Pizzas – thin crust pies in a variety of toppings and combinations
- Baked Ziti – ziti pasta with tomato sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella
- Meatball Parm – oven-baked sandwich with meatballs, tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella
- Garden Salad – mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, house vinaigrette
- Broccoli Rabe Soup – made fresh daily
Mamajuana Cafe Bronx
Location: 3233 E Tremont Ave, Bronx, NY 10461
Phone: +1 718-824-8400
For a taste of the islands, visit Mamajuana Cafe Bronx. This lively restaurant offers traditional cuisine from Puerto Rico, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Jamaica in a tropical-inspired setting. Menu highlights include mofongo, churrasco, fried plantains, Cuban sandwiches, jerk chicken, and more. Their cocktails infused with Caribbean rums transport diners to the islands.
- Mofongo – fried plantains mashed with garlic, pork crackling, and choice of protein
- Ropa Vieja – shredded beef stew with peppers and onions, white rice
- Tostones Rellenos – fried plantains stuffed with chicken or beef
- Guava Cheesecake – with dulce de leche drizzle
Location: 1903 Bathgate Ave, Bronx, NY 10457
Phone: +1 347-329-0673
For a truly unique dining experience, visit Cachapa Cachapa for authentic Venezuelan cuisine. Their specialty is cachapas, delicious corn pancakes stuffed with fillings like chicken, black beans, cheese, and more. They also offer a variety of South American-style empanadas, tequeños, and stuffed arepas. The flavors at Cachapa Cachapa offer a taste of Venezuela without leaving New York City.
- Cachapa de Carne Mechada – corn cake with shredded beef
- Cachapa con Queso – corn cake with white cheese
- Tequeños – fried cheese sticks with guava dipping sauce
- Arepas – grilled corn cakes split and stuffed with fillings
Location: 2370 Belmont Ave, Bronx, NY 10458
Phone: +1 718-733-6630
Opened in 2006, Antonio’s Trattoria brings authentic Italian cuisine to East Tremont. The ambiance transports diners to Italy with exposed brick, checkered tablecloths, and opera music. Antonio’s is known for their thin-crust pizzas baked in an imported Italian wood-burning oven. They also serve a range of pasta dishes, chicken parmesan, osso buco, and other Italian-American favorites. With an extensive wine list, Antonio’s is a great date night spot.
- Margherita Pizza – tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – with San Marzano tomato sauce
- Chicken Parmigiana – breaded chicken breast, tomato sauce, mozzarella, linguine
- Tiramisu – ladyfingers soaked in espresso, mascarpone cream
Çka Ka Qellu
Location: 2321 Hughes Ave, Bronx, NY 10458
Phone: +1 718-933-6194
For a taste of Albanian cuisine, visit the beautifully designed Çka Ka Qellu in East Tremont. This restaurant serves Albanian specialties with fresh, high-quality ingredients. Menu highlights include lecenik (Albanian cornbread), fli (filo dough pie with spinach, cheese, or meat), ajvar dip, and meat dishes slow-cooked in clay pots. There are also great options for vegetarians. The comfortable, contemporary ambiance makes it perfect for large groups.
- Fli me Spinaq – filo dough pie with spinach, feta, onion
- Fergesa me Mish – oven-baked diced beef, bell pepper, onion dish
- Tave Dheu – lamb and rice baked in a clay pot
- Lecenik – savory cornbread served with yogurt
J & J Restaurant
Location: 718 E Tremont Ave, Bronx, NY 10457
Phone: +1 718-583-3333
J & J Restaurant is a family-owned diner that has been serving classic American fare in East Tremont for decades. This casual, budget-friendly spot serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Guests love their mofongo chicken, shrimp soupy rice, Cuban sandwiches, burgers, and other specialties. The friendly service and generous portions keep customers coming back again and again.
- Huevos Rancheros – fried eggs, tortilla, beans, salsa
- Monte Cristo Sandwich – triple-decker with ham, turkey, cheese
- Cheeseburger Deluxe – 1/2 pound patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles
- Chicken Fricassee – braised chicken in tomato sauce with rice
Location: 726 E Tremont Ave, Bronx, NY 10457
Phone: +1 718-299-1925
Another classic family-owned diner, Cosmo’s is a favorite East Tremont spot for breakfast and lunch. Their huge pancakes, towers of french toast, and crispy home fries keep customers satisfied. Daily specials like pot roast, meatloaf, and chicken parmesan dinners offer comfort food at its best. Reasonable prices and friendly service make Cosmo’s feel like home.
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- French Toast with Whipped Butter and Syrup
- 2 Eggs Any Style with Home Fries and Toast
- Patty Melt on Rye with Grilled Onions
- Fried Chicken Platter with 2 Sides
The Best Culinary Exploration Awaits in East Tremont
With such an array of cuisines represented, from Italian to Latin American, East Tremont offers an amazing culinary tour without ever leaving the Bronx. Food lovers will enjoy exploring Venezuelan arepas, Albanian baked pies, Italian thin-crust pizza, and more in this diverse neighborhood. For the best restaurants East Tremont has to offer, be sure to visit these excellent local eateries.
Hi, I’m Ben Holland. I love cooking, traveling, and spending time with my family! Here you’ll find simple and delicious recipes, travel tips, and stories about my adventures with my wife and kids.